Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Kinn n Japan - Osaka

25/12

(12.37p) Got on a trip to Shin-Osaka. It stops on every stops it pass by, making the supposed to be 2.5 hrs trip today 3.5 hrs -_-… Now I see why google map asked me to get back to Shin-Yokohama and take a train from there. It probably save me 30mins in total but I’m with all my luggage with me. I was just too lazy to move after I found it on the train. Anyway… it’s a good time for a nap and write some blog on my way. :D

(3.53p) Arrived Shin-Osaka, needa change to Osaka, and then to a small station to the hostel today.

(4.30p) The tourist information centre was very good. Luckily I’ve dropped by, otherwise I would have bought two 3-day travel ticket (for 5000Yen!). That’s for all subways and trams which doesn’t included in JR system. But indeed JR can bring me to most of the places I need to go anyway :D… So much feeling I have got back to a city. The interesting thing is Osaka is kinda quite different from Tokyo, even the direction people walk and stand on escalator are different. I do feel the people in Osaka are not sticking with the rules too tightly, and not as stressful as in Tokyo.

(5.00p) Finally arrived the hotel. It is a 2800Yen/night hotel!!!! Hahaha… super budget… one half of the hostel in Hakone if you remember!!! Haha… it is pretty old and not extremely clean. Haha… what can you expect to pay for 2800Yen/night in Japan tho. It’s kinda recommendable, to my friends who don’t have money like me. They have a new wing on another side maybe I can check check if there’s any chance I may come here again :D Indeed the hotel is located in an interesting area and super convenience to access from station.

kinn-n-JP-0731-Osaka

kinn-n-JP-0745-Osaka
(6.30p) I had had a little walk from hotel to Namba, one of the center in south Osaka. I passed through a local area which has a lot of interesting small restaurants and some chess shops. A lot of people young or old, were sitting there and playing chess!!!!!! I also passed through an area called Nippombashi DEN-DEN town. It’s a lot of electric stuff, toy shops and comic shops there!!!! I tried to ask leo if he needs anything but he didn’t reply me msn -_-… anyway I can’t carry much back to HK… haha.

(8.00p) Walked into a gay shop by mistake on my way to the station. It’s in a corner of a random street… haha open my eye wide lerh… The dido are bigger than my arm! Wah… how does it work??? And a lot of funny underwear and stuff which I never seen them even in London’s soho. Haha…

(9.00p) Couldn’t’ find a curry rice shop! And get back to hotel and buy some light food from convenience store~~~~ 400Yen, including the milk (140Y) for breakfast… super budget!!! :D

And, this is how I had my Christmas day in 2008.

26/12
(9.00a) Went out a bit late :P coz of my laziness :P and write a bit on blog.

kinn-n-JP-0790-Osaka

kinn-n-JP-0782-Osaka
(9.45a) Thought I’d forgotten to lock the room door and got back to Hotel on my way to Sayamaike(狭山池).

(10.04a) Went out from the hotel again and got on the train to Osaka Prefectural Sayamaike Museum (大阪府立狭山池博物館).

(11.30a) Didn’t expect to take so long to get there but truly worth going!!! The architecture is soooooo nice… can’t really show it from picture. All the information there are in Japanese but I can still understand the history of how they build the place! It is soooooo amazing how they keep part of the old gate and put it into the Museum!!!! I really think “civil” might be an interesting subject to study in Uni after seeing this museum!

(1.00p) Before leaving the area, I walked a little bit around and tried to find something eat. It was so many hair salon around that area… more an restaurant and convenience store! Haha… you know how often you see convenience store in Japan? And more salon than that!

kinn-n-JP-0801-Osaka
(2.30p) Somehow during my trip, only the morning part are impressive and getting boring in the afternoon. I arrived the Bay area and found that there are some usual tourist stuff around there… Ferris wheel, some shopping facilities some so-so galleries + museums, and expensive. Yea… just walked around and didn’t do much and left. -_-

(4.00p) Went to the Universal Studio as the tourist information recommended haha… Very universal stuff lo… with a bit Japanese touch (luckily) which make it a bit less American… I had some octopus balls and bought a lat from Starbucks. Probably the milk they use is different, which make it better than HK, UK and US ones. I have to say the Starbucks in America is more like water and tasteless while Peet’s coffee is the best I’ve ever try in US.

(6.00p) Walked a bit the shopping mall and bought a gift for Tracy :D lucky you… almost bought nothing in Japan for anyone.

(7.15p) Had a curry pork rice with fire eggs in Tennoji station for dinner
:). Very typical Japanese curry, mild and sweet, a bit too sweet indeed but okay la… Um… I think I can have the rest of my meal pretty much in convenience store after this. The only thing I still wanna try is Udon and the Japanese style burger and not that necessary really.

kinn-n-JP-0825-Osaka
(9.00p) Back to hotel uploaded some photos and already time to sleep~ haha… this is how I had my boxing day in 2008.

No comments: