Friday, December 19, 2008

Kinn n Japan - Tokyo

Maybe I shouldn't put this post in the US blog :D but I am kinda lazy to open a new one really... and it is part of my US trip really. I have this JP trip because of my US flight ticket after all... US extension trip I would say :D... will make a new one when I go back to HK lerh..

16/12
(4.30p) Tokyo Narita Airport

kinn-n-JP-0004-Tokyo city
(8.00p) Shijuku Station. Kinda got lost in Shijuku Station. It was a disaster to get lost with 3 heavy luggage -_- Surprisingly there are almost no disable facility like escalator or anything for Wheel chairs. It was all stairs and-_- I’ve brought my luggage walked all the way down over 50 stairs and finally couldn't find the way to the metro and spent 2000Yen to go to Paulo's home... ~_~

(9.00p) Finally got to Paulo's home... sorry I have to say, it is a flat where a typical poor student lives in :P haha...well... we all had this stage before, kinda miss that smell and feeling... Anyway... it's more than great to have a free staying in Tokyo :)

(10.00p) Western style restaurant. It was a restaurant serving Japanese style western food like pasta and pizza… not very delicious honestly but good to have a quick dinner and go home and sleep after the long flight.

17/12
(9.00a) It's all raining in my first day in Tokyo. Luckily it's not as cold as I thought really... actually the day I left LA was even colder than here... I went to Eiji's flat in the morning... He is staying in a really nice flat in Nakano... I do feel lucky to stay in Nakano. Feeling it is really where normal Japanese would stay and live in. I went to Asakusa with him... where I remember I had been the first time I came to Tokyo 12-3 years ago... and it looks exactly the same as before... I kinda hate this kinda tourist spot... a lot of souvenir shops and a lot of tourist plus some remade traditional culture... the worst combination, well.. to me.

kinn-n-JP-0015-Tokyo city

kinn-n-JP-0018-Tokyo city

kinn-n-JP-0023-Tokyo

(12.00a) We then went to a local market around that place... which is much better place to hang around... we had super cheap sushi (they were in half price in lunch hour) and octopus ball... :D delicious~

kinn-n-JP-0027-Tokyo landscape

(2:00p) He need to go back to office and I went to a Park in Ueno... It was a Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum... nothing interested and i obviously didn't pay to get in the exhibitions there :D nice to have a little walk around the part tho... it's another temple there again... nothing really interesting.

kinn-n-JP-0025-Tokyo

(4.00p) MOMAT... They are having an exhibition about Okinawa Culture... I think it would be very interesting for local people:P unfortunately I don't understand Japanese at all... But it wasn't totally useless, I know there are a lot of artists are doing the same things as I m doing... I m not alone :) Somehow we are all contributing the world. And I need to find some ways to publish what I have done.

kinn-n-JP-0088-Tokyo

kinn-n-JP-0048-Tokyo
(6.00p) Shijuku meet up Eiji and had a little BBQ with Eiji~ haha... it was in a little street... but the waitress in quite a few restaurant there speak Chinese :O... somehow... they are not extremely good but expensive... um...

(8.00p) Having Nabe in Eiji's home. Super nice nice :). Yep... they call this kinda hotpot Nabe... not Shabu Shabu~~ Btw, their strong insist on separate tush for recycle are really impressive! I love them... But I m thinking even if we separate the waste in HK, they are probably going to the same place and burn away... kinda a shame... Come on... our dearest government... We are ready and well educated enough to do this too! even Taiwanese doing better than us...

kinn-n-JP-0101-Tokyo city
(11.00p) Very chill out night :) feeling a bit jetlet at around 10pm... but much better than when I went to US... maybe just because in general, I m not as tired as I was in HK... Listening to the mp3s from Megan all the time these few days... Some of them are really great. I like the 80s 90s (I might be wrong on timing but retro style anyway :P) music arrangement from Camera O... Also I quite enjoy the way Kate Nash sing... Kinda story telling singing, it's like your frined talking to you. Instead of hip hop, she found a new way. The topics are actually for much younger kids, but I found them interesting to listen to too... remind me the time in London a lot :D I bet a lot of people around me in that age would think in this way.... It was the #1 last year in UK. You can tell how vary their pop music style can be... yea... That's why we like England so much I guess :) they are not necessarily beautiful but never leak of new ideas.

18/12
(9.00a) Rearrange a bit my luggage. for my next 2 weeks' trip. yea... Just a bit :D

(11.00a) Super nice weather today :) went to a Thai restaurant with Paulo... my soup noodle was very not Thai honestly... and not that great... :( haha.. but his curry rice was okay... maybe I am in America for too long... I find their portion super small really... although I don't eat much in US (maybe just comparatively).

(1.00p) Roppongi. Midtown Tokyo, It looks pretty much the same as IFC2 :D but they put a lot more galleries are art related stuff there...

kinn-n-JP-0058-Tokyo

kinn-n-JP-0055-Tokyo

kinn-n-JP-0072-Tokyo
(1.20p) 国立新美術館 Art Centre, Tokyo. The Architecture was incredibly cool! The cafe there was cool too... But the exhibitions showing weren't too impressive. It will be an exhibition I really want to see start from mid January to March ~_~

kinn-n-JP-0075-Tokyo
(2.00p) 21_21 Design Site. The crystal chair was very impressive when I first saw it. Everyone of us have probably done the same experiment in high school. But they made it big! And the result were nice tooo. However, when I talked to Eiji about it... he told me it has been done in London by someone else which they made the whole house (interior) as crystal! um... somehow, even Japanese, they start copying.

kinn-n-JP-0092-Tokyo

No comments: