Sunday, September 7, 2008

San Francisco

29AUG Everyone just keep telling me how a nice the city is, how good the foods in SF, blabalbalbablbala.... haha.... finally I'm there, after a 6 hours journey from SB to LA to SF... kinda a waste of time... but its good that I left the office at 3:30 :D but arrived at 9 sth, even slower than driving... :S I saved about $100 for the ticket indeed... but doesnt sounds worthy at all lerh..

10:15p SF Airport
kin-n-US-0797-SF
kin-n-US-0799-SF

Gene pick me up from airport... and started my SF trip on the lovely Friday night :D... Super foggie in SF the first night I've been there... It's not as cold as I thought... kinda a good temperature really :D It was basically a preview of my later trip with Tracy in SF :D haha... it's nice that Gene just drive me everywhere which save us a lot of time...

30AUG
kin-n-US-0803-SF
kin-n-US-0810-SF

The 2nd day, we went out to have a blunch in Cartro with Curt ^__^ He is a ABVitnamiese.. very typical American... Just keep talking talking and talking in a very American way...I thought we gonna chat for longer but anyway... we then walked a bit around Cartro, a gay area in SF... By the way, the first impression of SF to me is a very gay city really (or you can say a very gay friendly city)... once I step out of the gate, I could tell the different of this city from LA or SB... anyway... Cartro is nice That's pretty similar to some streets in Europe. little shops... kinda quite but a lot of things happening... the stuff in Diesel is surprisingly cheaper then in HK and London... :D seems that I should buy some next time (funny, they only have a few shops in Cali!!!
and only in LA, SF and SJ)~~

3:00p MoMA
kin-n-US-0833-SF
kin-n-US-0838-SF

With the free ticket from Gene's friend :), the MoMA in SF is nicer than in LA in a way. Ssomething quite interesting there :) And I m impressed with their cool architecture! they are showing an exhibition of Chinese comtempory artist... They are also showing the Frida one but I've seen that in London already... so I didn't spend time on that :P I mean her life is always more interesting then her works to me... btw, they put a painting from Picasso in the photography exhibition room.... interesting huh? and thats the only non-photo piece in the room...

4:30p Jewish Comtempory Museum
kin-n-US-0849-SF
kin-n-US-0845-SF

It is a surprisingly cool museum! the building is already cool enough to pull you in :D and the pieces inside are quite different from other museums... well you might not like them but you might not find them anywhere else... And they have a very cool room which surprised me a lot... go and check it out!! :D

kin-n-US-0855-SF

5:30p Sausalito
kin-n-US-0887-SF

Crossed the Golden Gate Bridge we when to a very nice area by the sea... kinda tourise spot I guess but a silent place which I like :) I've had a peanut butter icecream, some roasted peanuts, and a peanut candy!!! very heavy~~ haha... I love them tho..

7:00p Nuel's home (sorry if I spell your name wrong :P)
Just relax and had a little nap before dinner~~ ho ho ho~~~ I love her flat :D:D its so comfy and clean...~

8:30p Hotpot dinner with Gene and friends
It is called Japanese ShabuShabu but obviously thats not that... -_-... well reasonable price with reasonable amount and quality of food and I just prefer my own cook more maybe :P

11:00p Nuel's home Watched Ocean Elevent again... yea... again.... :P

31AUG
Wah... finally managed to went out at 1:30~~

2:00p Freemaket - Bekerley
I love free market all the time :D:D I've found some cool vinyls one from Nina simone!!! and a Polaroid SX-70 for $10!!!! wahwahawhwah

2:30p Lunch in Bekerley
It was a Mexican kinda fast food... well... quite nice indeed... better than the hotpot :P haha...

4:00p Crazy shopping in a record shop!!!
kin-n-US-0925-SF
kin-n-US-0926-SF

I've bought 6-7 vinyls :D:D 1 Floyd Pink, 1 rolling stone~~ lol~~~

6:00p Neul's home again :D
Met Ray, Gene firend. He is pretty cool... I like him ^__^...

8:30p Japanese Food:D
It is much better today... at least sushi always looks Japanese... and they kinda taste good...
just not very Japanese... kinda fusion... not bad :)

10:30 Gene's home~
He went out to meet up his ex :D and I was happy chatting with Willis~~ and fix some photos~

1SEP

2:00p Lunch Vietnamese noodles
~~
IT IS the best meal in SF honestly :D haha... the noodles are very well cooked, and the super simple soup with a suitable amount of chicken. :) delicious~ The Vietnamese coffee is not that great tho... I've had some very good ones in London... :)

3:00 DeYoung Museum
kin-n-US-1075-SF
kin-n-US-1056-SF
The best exhibition I've seen these 2 years I think... Dale Chihuly!!! He made glasses sculpture!!! Amazing amazing!!! Love you very much!!!! Thanks Curt, he told us about the exhibition...
4:30 Haight street


kin-n-US-1091-SF
A trendy place in SF... um.... okay la :D

5:30 Gene Home

Pack things up and go to airport lu :D thanks thanks Gene for these few days lerh~~
6:30 SFAiport Wait wait wait~~

1:30 SB home :S
Taken so long to go back home ~_~

No comments: